Have you tried everything but still feel sick?
- Do you suffer from migraines?
- Do you have chronic fatigue, joint pain, or muscle aches?
- Is your chronic constipation or diarrhea ruling your life?
- Do you experience excessive bloating or gas?
- Are your sinuses always bothering you?
- Are you taking multiple medications without any relief?
- Have you been told it’s all in your head?
are you ready to feel better?
I am Val Evanoff, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified LEAP Therapist, Integrative & Functional Nutrition Practitioner, and founder of Be Well Nutrition. I help people – who have suffered for years from various chronic conditions – find symptom relief simply by figuring out their food sensitivities.
“Why are food sensitivities so important?”
Inflammation is the root cause of many chronic diseases. There are several reasons why we develop inflammation but diet plays a big role in our body’s inflammatory response.
When we eat a food that causes an inflammatory response, molecules called “mediators” are released. These can lead to a variety of negative symptoms such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), migraines, and fibromyalgia.
These mediators create inflammation and leave you feeling AWFUL!
"How will testing for food sensitivities help me get better?"
When your immune system reacts to something you eat, symptoms may be delayed for up to 72 – 96 hours. You may eat something that you think is fine because you don’t notice an immediate reaction. However, reacting to something on Thursday that you ate on Monday will make it hard to pinpoint the problematic food.
You can even react to “healthy foods” like rice, broccoli, or basil!
Without food sensitivity testing, it will take a long time to figure out what actually causes your symptoms. Elimination diets, like FODMAPS or going gluten-free, are generic and do not account for YOUR immune system response.
Food sensitivity testing is personalized to you. It takes the guesswork out of eliminating foods to reduce or possibly eliminate chronic symptoms.
"But my allergy test came back negative!"
Allergies and sensitivities are different. Most conditions like IBS, migraines, and fibromyalgia are not caused by an allergic reaction. It takes a different type of test, not an allergy test, to determine food sensitivities.
Allergy testing measures type I, IgE-mediated immune response. Food sensitivity testing measures type III and IV, non-IgE-mediated response.
While it’s important to know about any life-threatening IgE allergies you may have, it’s also important to know what’s causing sub-clinical inflammation that leads to water retention, fatigue, insomnia, arthritis, diarrhea, and so much more.
"I've had other testing (skin prick, IgG, etc) and it didn't help me"
The testing that I do is the patented Mediator Release Test (MRT®). It is more accurate than other tests because MRT measures ALL the mediators that could be released due to an over-active immune response to a food or food chemical.
Other tests only look for antibodies and not the mediators that do the actual damage to your body and cause the inflammation. You may have a delayed reaction to a food and other tests won’t measure that either.
MRT® results not only show the foods you are MOST reactive to, they also show the foods you are LEAST reactive to. These low reactive foods will form the basis of your personalized eating plan.
With my expertise, I’ll customize a diet plan – called the LEAP ImmunoCalm Diet – based on your test results to ensure the best outcomes in the shortest amount of time.
What is the LEAP immunoCalm diet?
The Lifestyle Eating and Performance (LEAP) diet therapy plan by Oxford Biomedical Technologies. It allows me to put your MRT results into a plan you can use to feel better.
You’ll receive a personalized protocol that combines your test results with my skills as a certified LEAP therapist so that you have a specific, anti-inflammatory diet designed to lower inflammation and reduce your symptoms.
You begin by eating your least reactive (safest) foods, to help calm your immune system. Once your symptoms have improved – after about 2 weeks – we will slowly introduce new foods and expand your diet. The goal is a varied diet without symptoms.
How quickly will i see results?
Most clients experience significant improvement in their symptoms in the first 10 -14 days on the program. Symptoms then continue to improve for the next 4 – 6 weeks.
Many clients experience complete symptom improvement but your response will vary depending on:
- How closely you follow your LEAP program. Following the protocol we develop for you will help you achieve the best results.
- How long you’ve had your symptoms and condition(s). Damage due to inadequate nutrition, harsh medications, or chronic inflammation may take longer to reverse in some cases.
- The degree to which food sensitivity plays a role in your condition. Other factors such as nutrient deficiencies, certain infections and hormone imbalances can contribute to symptoms as well.
Another key element to better results is to work with a LEAP therapist to help with:
- Planning a diet that accounts for test results plus your preferences
- Understanding and avoiding your sensitive chemicals in foods, medications and personal care products
- Adjusting the plan according to your symptoms and level of relief
What do the test results look like?
Below is a sample of test results.
Your LEAP report
You will receive a 65+ page report that contains many tips on getting started, how to follow the LEAP program, and forms for tracking your symptoms.
We’ll cover all of this in the initial consultation after your MRT results arrive.
I’ll provide a plan that covers each of the 3 main phases of your LEAP program and guidance for how to implement each step.
How does it work?
- You will get your blood drawn using the MRT test kit that is sent to you.
- Blood gets shipped overnight to Oxford Biomedical Laboratories using a prepaid FedEx envelope that comes with the kit.
- Receive your personalized results a few days later.
- Schedule the initial consultation to review your results and create a Phase 1 eating plan that is 100% customized to you.
- Phase 1 lasts up to two weeks.
- Schedule follow-up consultations to discuss changes to your eating plan as you progress through your personalized protocol.
- Phases 2 and 3 slowly incorporate more foods and we create a long-term healthy eating plan that works best for your lifestyle.
find out if you're a good candidate
Sign up below for a brief, pre-qualification call to determine if you’re a good candidate for MRT testing and LEAP. I can answer any and all questions you have about food sensitivity testing.
During the pre-qualification call, we will discuss the MRT test and LEAP program pricing.
- Enter your contact information.
- Select a day and time that works best for you.
- You will receive an email confirmation with details for your pre-qualification session.
- I will call you on the day and time you requested at the number you provided.
Val Evanoff is a Registered Dietitian, certified in Functional Medicine and food sensitivity testing (LEAP MRT). Her practice focuses on women’s health issues, primarily digestive, thyroid and autoimmune conditions. Her passion is helping her clients discover the power of food and lifestyle changes to drive healing and recovery from chronic illness.